Lat: 43.30N, Lon: 91.79W
Wx Zone: IAZ010
|Select the Advisory Below for Detail.|
| ||Issued: 1154 AM CDT WED AUG 24 2016|
| ||Expires: 615 PM CDT THU AUG 25 2016|
Issue Date: 1154 AM CDT WED AUG 24 2016
Expiration: 615 PM CDT THU AUG 25 2016
...Heavy Rainfall Overnight Causing Flooding...
.Extremely heavy rainfall overnight is resulting in rapid rises on
several creeks and rivers across northeast Iowa and southwest
Wisconsin. Flood Warnings are in effect for the locations listed
River forecasts take into account both observed and forecast
Do not drive cars into flooded areas. Remember, it only takes two
feet of water to float most automobiles, including sport utility
vehicles. Turn Around, Don't Drown!
Additional river and weather information is available at...
1154 AM CDT WED AUG 24 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
The Upper Iowa River At Decorah.
* until Thursday evening...Or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:45 AM Wednesday the stage was 13.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will hold near this level this afternoon
before beginning to fall by evening.
* Impact...At 13.0 feet...Residential flooding on the west side of
town is possible. Street and storm sewer flooding on the east side
of town south of the levee can cause basement flooding if flood
stage is exceeded for an extended period of time.
LAT...LON 4334 9161 4339 9161 4336 9181 4334 9187 4325 9182